|2012. Looking up the line of Richmond Street from Grand Parade. The nearer section is now known as Richmond Parade.|
|On the left is the Richmond Hotel opened in 1807 as the Richmond Arms and demolished and rebuilt in 1931. On the right. part way up the hill. can be seen the tower of Richmond Street School, probably designed by Thomas Simpson, Surveyor & Architect to the Brighton School Board from 1871.|
Sometimes the town's past is wiped so thoroughly that only the natural topography gives a vague hint that we are looking at the same area . . .