Thursday 14 January 2010

God & the Green Party

In a video released earlier this week, the Prime Minister declared; “I don’t subscribe to the view that religion should somehow be tolerated but not encouraged in public life, that you can somehow ask people to leave their faith at the door when they enter a town hall or a Commons chamber.” In an interview to Premier Christian Radio he made similar points.

As this is exactly the view I DO subscribe to, I wrote to each of my local Parliamentary candidates to ask what they thought of it. I also took the opportunity of expressing my concern at John Denham's appointment of 13 "faith advisors" and the continuing presence of unelected bishops in the Lords.

The Green Party candidate for my constituency replied as follows:-
"It's really refreshing to read your e-mail: I subscribe to your views exactly.
For instance, I think a lot of people would be shocked if they knew that even the local B&H Council have Christian prayers before each Full Council meeting."
Caroline Lucas, Leader, the Green Party, Parliamentary Candidate - Brighton Pavilion

No comments:

Post a Comment

In event of difficulty in adding comment, email:- quedula@gmail.com