|Looking west on Grand Junction Road|
|Grand Junction Road today|
|Looking East at bottom of East Street 1850s|
Brill's Baths was demolished in 1858 and the present-day Clarendon Mansions (grade II listed) rebuilt on the site. The original Clarendon Mansions can be seen in the etching and the 1850s photo above.
In 1861 Charles Brill opened a ladies-only baths on the west side of Pool Valley followed in 1869 by a splendid gentleman's baths. Both ladies & gents baths were demolished in 1929 for the erection of the art deco Savoy cinema. This building still stands although in a forlorn state.
|Map of 1898 showing the 2nd Brill's Baths.|
|2nd Brill's Baths, 1929, looking towards East Street from Pool Valley.|