A very pleasant situation on a warm summer's day. . .Roedean School was founded in 1884 and moved to its present cliff-top premises in 1898.
Unseen from the A259 coast road is a cloistered quad of the type associated with Oxbridge colleges:-
The architect of Roedean, Sir John Simpson, was a relative of local architect Thomas Simpson, designer of Connaught School and other schools around Brighton & Hove.