Saturday, 15 May 2010

BIDD plaque unveiled

Danny Sheldon House, Eastern Road where today a plaque was unveiled commemorating the Brighton Institute for the Deaf & Dumb  which stood on this site from 1848 to 1941. This was the first special school for the deaf & dumb in Sussex and the plaque was unveiled by a former pupil who left the school before 1939.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In event of difficulty in adding comment, email:- quedula@gmail.com