Sunday, 28 September 2014

The East Cliff - then & now

Then:-
c.1900
Bathing machines had disappeared from beaches by 1914 and for some years before that were used as stationary bathing boxes. The photo above shows them still being rolled into the water.

2013:-
The world-famous seafront, which includes many listed buildings, remains substantially intact. And those buildings that have been added since, notably the Van Alen, sensitively respect their surroundings. 

The map  shows the boundaries of the East Cliff conservation area for which The Kingscliffe Society is the registered amenity group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In event of difficulty in adding comment, email:- quedula@gmail.com