The main London Road before the village bypass was built in 1926.
2014. Taken from the traffic island in the middle of the A23
In the old photo the wall on the left is that of the Black Lion, originally a private house. The wall on the right is that of Patcham Place. The wall was demolished when the bypass was built. The house advertising the Old Ship Hotel Garage is on the corner of 'The Square'. On the other corner, since the old photo was taken, a double-fronted shop has been added.