The scaffolding has finally been removed from the front of the "Olde Bunne Shop" revealing new mathematical tiling on the first floor bay. At the time of this photo they had yet to be pointed and finished off with a top row of specially cut tiles. Perhaps the contractors were worried about their colour. At first glance they do not appear to exactly match the rest of the frontage. This may be partly an optical illusion caused by the unglazed terracotta. Examining them in detail it is possible to pick out individual tiles that seem very close in colour to some of the old ones.
This 1794 building, 9 Pool Valley, has been Grade ll* listed since 1952 and was used as a bun shop by the Cowley family for 150 years.
The one-time signboard with royal crest over the window was made by John Walsh, Carver & Gilder, born c. 1849 in Preston, Lancs.