Following a period of representation in which no objections were received the Patcham Article 4(1) Direction has today been confirmed. The Direction removes certain permitted development rights in the conservation area, in order to allow greater control over incremental change in the area, thus preserving and enhancing its special character.
Planning permission is now required for:-
- The enlargement, improvement or other alteration of a dwelling (including extensions and altering windows, doors or roof coverings)
- Alterations to the roof of a dwelling house, including the addition of roof lights.
- Provision or replacement of a hard surface within the curtilage of a dwelling house.
- Erection of a porch to a dwelling house.
- Alteration, replacement or removal of a chimney stack on a dwelling house.
- Installation, alteration or replacement of solar PV or solar thermal equipment on a dwelling house.
- Demolition, alteration or erection of a boundary wall, fence, railings or a gate.
- Painting the exterior of a building, where the building has not previously been painted, or where a significant change in colour is proposed.