Saturday, 17 April 2010

Then & Now: the seafront from Embassy Court

                      In 1951:-

                           In 2005:-

Since the 2005 photo was taken, the bandstand has been restored and its immediate surroundings appropriately landscaped; but the aesthetically pleasing rhythm of the walled formal gardens, laid out in 1884, has been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In event of difficulty in adding comment, email:- quedula@gmail.com