While Buckingham Palace is being renovated over a period of 3 years a major collection of original Royal Pavilion decorative art and furniture will be returned on loan to the Royal Pavilion by the Royal Collection Trust. This will include porcelain pagodas originally placed in the Music Room, a Kylin Clock, an extraordinary extravaganza partly made in France and partly in England from Chinese and Japanese elements and the French designed Rock Clock from the Music Room. All the items were originally acquired by the Prince Regent, who later became King George IV, for his exotic Brighton residence.
George IV especially chose Chinese ceramics mounted in France and England with gilt-bronze mounts, Chinese export porcelain and furniture, and English and European furniture in exotic styles.
The contents of the Pavilion were moved to London by Queen Victoria in 1847, on the sale of the residence. The Royal Pavilion was sold to the Town of Brighton.