This would be a pleasant, even idyllic, prospect on Green Ridge if it were not completely spoilt by the obtrusive noticeboard. Someone on the Council's staff seems to have a particular penchant for these objects, (see also "Down with seafront & other signs"). It seems the public cannot be allowed to enjoy the outdoors at face value but have to be 'educated' at the same time. Why not just leave us to enjoy the view and, if we feel so moved seek out supplementary information for ourselves?
Now it is announced that the local wildlife group Keep the Ridge Green (KTRG) has secured a grant of £27,269 from the Big Lottery Fund, the money to be spent in providing a package of improvements for Green Ridge and Coney Woods. The work suggested is:-
- Creating new habitats for dormice, owls, butterflies & bats.
- Nature trail for families.
- Adding rustic seating near the pond.
- Improving footpaths.
- Creating glades in Coney Woods.
- Improving steps and providing handrails.
Keep the Ridge Green